FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Winter Retreat at Deer Park and at Home
join us in the spirit of deepening our practice
This year we are not able to offer a course during the Winter Retreat. If you have not yet listened to and put the previous three courses into practice, this is your opportunity.
The courses that have been offered are:
- Fourteen Verses on Meditation, the practice of stopping and deep looking, learn more or participate click here!
- Moment by Moment, on the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eight fold Path, learn more or participate - click here!
- Ten Gates, Applied Buddhist Teaching by the numbers, learn more or participate - click here!
For this Winter, if you have already gone through these courses, you can go on a Dharma Diet, with some of the following elements:
- daily sitting meditation practice, time as you are able and comfortable, try to gently extend the time during this three month period
- listen to one of Thay's talk each week, on Buddhist Psycology - link to English translations here.
- read one of Thay's books - and put it into practice
- commit to practice with a group of friends, local Sangha or at a practice center, one evening or one day a week
- eat one of your daily meals in mindfulness, in silence for at least 5 minutes
- go vegetarian or upgrade to vegan for the period
Depending on where you are at in your practice and life currently, you can adjust the Diet as it works best for you.
May you enjoy your practice! If you are able to come to practice with us, we have regular days of mindfulness: Thursday and Sunday. We are also accepting over night guests, Friday as arrival day.