Earth Holding and Protecting: Engaged Buddhist Theme Weekend (April 11 - 13, 2014)
Apr 11, 2014 02:00 PM
Apr 13, 2014 04:00 PM
|Where||Deer Park Monastery|
|Contact Phone||760-291-1003 ext 100|
|Add event to calendar||
It is necessary to pre-register for this weekend, and space is limited (to 30 participants). Registration is now available through the links below.
To be able to register for this particular Theme Weekend we ask that you fully agree with the following points:
- received or live by the 5 Mindfulness Trainings
- have a regular meditation practice
- have participated in at least 3 retreats in the Plum Village tradition, for example at Deer Park Monastery
- are practicing with others on a regular basis
- are engaged in earth-healing actions in your professional or volunteer life
- have read: "The World We Have" and "Love Letter to the Earth", both by our Teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh
During this theme weekend a number of special sessions will be lead and facilitated by Dharma Teacher Thay Phap Ho and Order of Interbeing members Heather Mann and Nomi Green. For the rest of the weekend the participants will flow alongside the regular schedule of the monastery including sitting meditation, walking meditation, mindful meals etc together with the whole community. We understand that the Sangha, the community of practice, is our teacher and friend on the path.
You can already read and practice with the online version: Earth Protection Here and Now.