Visiting Deer Park Monastery
New to Deer Park Monastery?
The monastery is open to receive guests most of the year. These are the types of visits we have to offer:
- Just for the day, we offer a Day of Mindfulness on Thursdays and Sundays most weeks of the year, please consult the events section to confirm. No pre-registration required, but select the day that works best for you to learn more about the activities.
- For 3-day, 7-day, and 14-day visits, we offer a General Stay beginning on most Fridays, on the you can see which Friday's are available for arrival. Learn more about a General Stay and register.
- Special Retreats on various themes occur throughout the year. A retreat will typically have 100-300 participants and are normally 3- or 5-days long. Discover our special retreats and register.
- Theme-Weekends, normally a Friday to Sunday, are an opportunity to deepen your practice on a specific theme. Explore the theme-weekends and register.
- Special Events are periodic events that are usually one day and are not a retreat or day of mindfulness. See if we have any upcoming special events.
- Community Work Days are an opportunity to come lend a hand and be joyfully together. See our work day schedule.