Established by Zen Master
Thich Nhat Hanh and practicing in the Plum Village Tradition
We openly and warmly welcome the diversity of your experience to this place of refuge and healing – wherever you come from, however you look or identify, whomever you love.
Scholarships for Retreats
A limited number of scholarships are available through a grant we have received from the Hemera Foundation. To learn more and apply, visit the grant information page.
- In Gratitude, an Eggroll OfferingEvery Thanksgiving, the Deer Park community shows gratitude to the fire department, police department, lay friends, and local businesses who have supported them throughout the… Read more: In Gratitude, an Eggroll Offering
- Get to Know Our Novice Monastics at Deer Park MonasteryOn September 24, 2023, six aspirants of Deer Park Monastery became novice monastics of the Toyon Family in a beautiful and moving ordination ceremony in the Ocean of Peace Meditation Hall.
- Deepen Your Practice: Four Ways to Establish MindfulnessWe are starting a monthly installment with tips on how to deepen your mindfulness practice. This month, we share four ways to establish mindfulness in… Read more: Deepen Your Practice: Four Ways to Establish Mindfulness
- 2024 Retreat Calendar at Deer Park Monastery2024 DEER PARK CALENDAR OF EVENTS – SAVE THE DATES! Check back on our website often for registration information as it becomes available. This calendar… Read more: 2024 Retreat Calendar at Deer Park Monastery
- Engaged Buddhism: Bridging Spirituality and Social Activism for Lasting ChangeTo create sustainable, lasting social change in a world of suffering, a spiritual dimension is essential. Brother Phap Dung shares insight on how recent and… Read more: Engaged Buddhism: Bridging Spirituality and Social Activism for Lasting Change
- Let the Wind Carry YouLet the Wind Carry You A poem by Sister Chuyên Nghiêm Live your life fullygreen and fresh as a leaf, Embrace truth without striving, even when facing… Read more: Let the Wind Carry You
In addition to the events below, we may also have 1-2 weeks seasonal retreats available for registration.
Join us for this day of practice. We will participate in walking meditation, listen to a Dharma talk with Thay Mãn Tuệ (Vietnamese with English translation) and hold a ceremony […]