June 15 – June 19 PDT
Enough! Enough! You are enough!
The Art of Unmasking Your True Self
The Monastic Sisters and Brothers of Deer Park Monastery are thrilled to be hosting Teen Camp, a unique opportunity for 13-18 year-olds to practice mindfulness in nature, surrounded by other young people who want to grow in understanding and love. At Teen Camp we will make meaningful friendships, learn skills to lead happier lives, and have lots of fun. We know that the past couple of years have not been easy, and words cannot express how grateful we are to be hosting our first Teen Camp since 2019. This will no doubt be a legendary camp.
So much of our culture sends us the message that we are flawed–that if we only looked a certain way or got better grades or had more people following us on social media, then we would be happy. The world always seems to be telling us that we aren’t smart enough or pretty enough or good enough. So at Teen Camp, we practice to live deeply what we know deep down: that right here, right now, we have everything we need, and our true presence is the greatest gift we can offer. We have had enough input from a culture that tells us that we are lacking. At Teen Camp we practice to see that we have enough, we are doing enough, and we are enough, just as we are.
In this retreat:
- Sitting and walking meditation with live guidance from Deer Park monastics
- Games, Hiking, and a Performance Night
- Live talks offered by senior monastic disciples of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
- Spaces to connect with people our age as we look deeply into the challenges and joys that we experience in our daily lives
- A transmission of the Five Mindfulness Trainings offered by the monastics of the Plum Village Tradition