At Deer Park Monastery, we offer seasonal retreats (see below) and special retreats. Seasonal retreats offer participants the opportunity to enjoy the daily schedule of the monastery and the basic practices such as sitting meditation, walking meditation, and mindful eating. Special retreats are 3-5 days and include basic practices as well as Dharma talks based on the theme of the retreat, Dharma family groups for working and sharing, and a schedule that incorporates special activities.
Please note that not all Fridays are arrival days and the dates listed below are the only arrival days and for the period of time listed next to the date. We kindly ask that you register at least one week in advance, as registration will close a few days prior to the arrival date to make preparations.
During the months of October, November, December, and January, the Deer Park community will be receiving guests for seasonal retreat weeks. For the most part, people identified as female at birth stay in Clarity Hamlet with the monastic sisters, while those identified as male at birth stay in Solidity Hamlet with the monastic brothers (in any case, our office can assist you in finding the appropriate fit).
- Friday, October 20, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Solidity Hamlet
- Friday, October 27, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet
- Friday, November 3, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Solidity Hamlet and Clarity Hamlet
- Friday, November 10, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet
- Friday, November 17, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet (Registration is currently full for Solidity Hamlet)
- Friday, November 24, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet
- Friday, December 1, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Solidity Hamlet and Clarity Hamlet
- Friday, December 8, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet
- Friday, December 15, 2023: One or two weeklong stays in Solidity Hamlet and one weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet (Registration is currently full for Solidity Hamlet and Clarity Hamlet)
- Friday, January 5, 2024: One weeklong stays in Clarity Hamlet (Registration is currently full)
- Tent – Adult $70/night | Teen $56/night | Child $35/night
- 6 Bed Dorm – Adult $100/night | Teen $80/night | Child $50/ night
- 3 Bed Dorm – Adult $140/night | Teen $112/night | Child $70/ night
For cancellations made prior to arrival day, partial refunds will be available with a cancellation fee of $10 per night for adults, and $5 per night for teens and children 6 years and older. Cancellations made on or after the retreat arrival day do not qualify for a refund. Registration is non-transferable.
A limited number of scholarships are available through a new grant we have received from the Hemera Foundation. To learn more and apply, visit the grant information page.
Only the dates listed above should be entered below as your arrival date. The duration should coincide with the date selected. More arrival dates coming soon.
Seasonal retreats at Deer Park Monastery are available during many months of the year. Guests register to practice mindfulness with the community while following the daily schedule of the monastery. Accommodation options include a space in a dorm room or bringing your own tent to camp in our campgrounds. Depending on the availability of the specific arrival day, guests may register for a weekend, one week, or two weeks. Seasonal retreats are residential retreats; therefore, commuting is not an option.
To support stability in our practice, we observe designated arrival and departure days. All seasonal retreats start on Friday afternoon with a check-in time between 2 and 4 PM. Please arrange to arrive during check-in time. One and two week-long retreats end on Friday at 9 AM. Weekend retreats end on Sunday around 3 PM.
Where do you stay for a Seasonal Retreat?
Deer Park Monastery is comprised of two hamlets. Clarity Hamlet is where nuns (women) reside, and Solidity Hamlet is where monks (men) reside. During your visit, most of the practice will take place in the hamlet where you reside. The only exceptions are for the early morning sitting meditation and bi-weekly Day of Mindfulness, during which time we practice together. If you are staying in Clarity, you will follow the Clarity schedule. And if you stay in Solidity, you will follow the Solidity schedule.
Clarity Hamlet has accommodations (both camping and dorms) for those identified as female at birth, including same-gender female couples.
Solidity Hamlet has accommodations (both camping and dorms) for those identified as male at birth, including couples where one person is male.
Our registration office supports our gender-nonconforming friends by identifying the most supportive hamlet and accommodation for your stay. Please feel free to make a note for us in your registration form.
All our special 3-5 day retreats are listed on our Calendar.