Hidden Mountain Record is Deer Park Monastery’s new annual publication that tells the stories and highlights of how mindfulness and Engaged Buddhism are evolving at Deer Park over the past year.
We are very happy to share with you the first issue of Hidden Mountain Record, which recaps the year 2023 at Deer Park Monastery in Escondido, CA. In “Gift to the United States” on page 12, Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh describes the origin story of Deer Park Monastery.
This publication is the result of much hard and loving work from our monastic sangha, Parallax Press, the Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation, and lay friends.
Hidden Mountain Record issue #1 is now available for your download below.
Pour your tea, sip slowly and mindfully, and immerse yourself in the activity of reading the Hidden Mountain Record.
In this issue, you will find:
- Review of the Year
- Sadāparibhūta Calligraphy
- A Gift to the United States
- Communing with Redwoods
- The Redwood Sutra
- Welcome to the Toyon Family
- Letters to My Younger Sisters
- Simple Joys, Great Happinesses
- From a Purple Bus to the House of the Tathāgata
- Understanding Our Impulses
- Deer Park in the Rains Retreat Season
- Nutriment for the Soul
- Camp Is Where You Find It