May 21-23, 2021
Dear Sangha Friends, we are so grateful for your support over the past year and beyond. In our time of need, you were there, sharing your time, energy, and abundant food offerings! Your presence and your practice nourished us in body and mind and brought us much joy. We are truly thankful.
We would like to extend a special invitation to you to come and celebrate Vesak, the birthday of the historical Buddha, at the monastery. It will be a weekend of meditation and mindfulness practice with the fourfold community of Deer Park Monastery. We do hope you can join us!
Early registration is recommended as there is a limit to the number of guests that we can receive for the weekend, as well as for the day on Sunday. Our hope is to enjoy this time together in a way that keeps everyone healthy and safe. We are kindly asking all registrants to fulfill the following requirements:
1) Please be a member of one of the sanghas who received our invitation and also received confirmation of your registration prior to arrival
2) For admittance, be prepared to share your CDC card showing complete COVID-19 vaccination, meaning that at least 2 weeks will have passed after your second shot by the day you are scheduled to attend (for weekend guests – prior to confirmation, and for Sunday guests – upon arrival to the monastery)
3) Bring a face mask to wear any time you are indoors and maintain 6 feet of social distancing both indoors and outdoors
4) Allow us to take your temperature when you arrive to the monastery (your temperature must be under 100 degrees for admittance)
5) Have officially received a transmission of the Five Mindfulness Trainings
6) If you register to stay for the weekend, we ask that you bring a tent to camp and sign a liability waiver at check-in
We ask for your understanding when we say that without a CDC record of your complete COVID-19 vaccination and/or if your temperature is over 100 degrees upon arrival to the monastery, you will not be able to enter the retreat or the Sunday celebration. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For those staying for the weekend retreat, check-in time is between 2 and 4 PM on Friday and the retreat will end around 2 PM on Sunday. We kindly ask all friends to arrive on the designated arrival day, depart on the designated departure day, and to follow the daily schedule of the monastery. All registered Sangha members will check-in and practice together in Solidity Hamlet. Those who register for the weekend retreat do not need to register for the Vesak Celebration on Sunday. The Sunday celebration is included in your weekend reservation.
If you are unable to stay for the weekend, you may consider registering to attend the Vesak Celebration on Sunday, which starts at 9 AM. This special day will include morning activities, but for reasons of safety, we are unable to offer lunch to the day visitors on Sunday. Registration for the day is complimentary and can be found towards the bottom of this webpage.
In addition, we are looking for registrants who wish to engage in the spirit of service. If you register to stay for the weekend, please let us know if you are available to help us with food service and/or Sunday check-in at the gate. If you register for the day on Sunday, please let us know if you can arrive early to aid with check-in at the gate.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Vesak Weekend Pricing Chart:
- Tent– Adult $50/night | Teen $40/night | Child $25/night
REGISTRATION FOR FRIDAY TO SUNDAY
REGISTRATION FOR SUNDAY
CLICK HERE to register for the Vesak Day Celebration on Sunday (only). If you have already registered for the weekend retreat, you do not need to register for Sunday. In addition, if you click on the link and it says the event is “Sold Out”, you may want to try again later. As people cancel, more spaces will become available.