October 20, 2023 – January 15, 2024 PDT
Our sangha of monastics and lay friends share with you the practice of the annual Rains Retreat at Deer Park for a 90 day period.
Peacefully dwelling in the great hidden mountain of Deer Park is a very special time to practice together and to look and learn deeply. During this period, we may have the opportunity for mentoring, taking classes, and listening to Dharma talks. In addition, the daily schedule will include sitting meditation, walking meditation, working meditation, and service meditation.
Participating in the Rains Retreat is contingent on being able to live and practice in harmony with the community. At the end of the first two weeks, each person will be reviewed by the community. In some cases, individuals may be asked to leave and receive a refund.
If you choose to join us, we also have the practice of remaining in the monastery. During opening ceremonies, we will set the boundaries for each hamlet. Meaning, we as participants will remain within these boundaries for the entire 90-days.
The Opening Ceremony for the Rains Retreat will be held during the Sunday, Day of Mindfulness, October 22, 2023. The Closing Ceremony will be held during the Sunday, Day of Mindfulness, January 14, 2024.
- August 30 – For those who identify as women, and will stay in Clarity Hamlet, please submit your application to attend
- October 6 – We ask that all interested parties submit a registration form a minimum of two weeks in advance of the retreat arrival date
- October 20 – Arrival Day, 2pm-4pm
- October 21 – Counting Sticks Ceremony, 7:30pm
- October 22 – Rains Retreat Opening Ceremony
- November 3 – Review of each person attending retreat
- January 15 – Departure Day, 9am
|Dorm Room||Tent Camping|
|* Reduced Rate||$6,750||$4,725|
|** Special Case Rate (18-35)||$4,500||$3,150|
You may be eligible for the Hemera Fellowship for partial cost coverage. Please note that Hemera Fellowships only apply to the first 30 days of long retreats, such as the Rains Retreat.
* For Reduced Rate, we require a letter of request to the community prior to approving this rate. Upload your letter on our Contact Us page. Please include your gender and a statement of your current financial status.
** The Special Case Rate is for those ages 18-35, we require a letter of request prior to approving this rate. Upload your letter on our Contact Us page. Please include your gender and a statement of your current financial status.
If none of these rates meets your financial situation, please write a letter of request to the community. Upload your letter on our Contact Us page. Please include your gender and a statement of your current financial status (please include what rate you are able to afford). You may be requested for a virtual interview prior to approval.