Established by Zen Master
Thich Nhat Hanh and practicing in the Plum Village Tradition
We openly and warmly welcome the diversity of your experience to this place of refuge and healing – wherever you come from, however you look or identify, whomever you love.
Scholarships for Retreats
A limited number of scholarships are available through a grant we have received from the Hemera Foundation. To learn more and apply, visit the grant information page.
- Peace Offering to the Land AncestorsPeace Offering to the Land AncestorsNov. 23rd, 2023 Oak Grove Sanctuary, Deer Park Monastery Dear Land Ancestors, We, the monastic and lay practitioners of… Read more: Peace Offering to the Land Ancestors
- We’re Hiring: Part-time BookkeeperDeer Park Monastery is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with bookkeeping experience to join our team as a Part-Time Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate will be proficient in using QuickBooks and will be responsible for managing financial records, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accurate and timely financial transactions.
- In Gratitude, an Eggroll OfferingEvery Thanksgiving, the Deer Park community shows gratitude to the fire department, police department, lay friends, and local businesses who have supported them throughout the… Read more: In Gratitude, an Eggroll Offering
- Get to Know Our Novice Monastics at Deer Park MonasteryOn September 24, 2023, six aspirants of Deer Park Monastery became novice monastics of the Toyon Family in a beautiful and moving ordination ceremony in the Ocean of Peace Meditation Hall.
- Deepen Your Practice: Four Ways to Establish MindfulnessWe are starting a monthly installment with tips on how to deepen your mindfulness practice. This month, we share four ways to establish mindfulness in… Read more: Deepen Your Practice: Four Ways to Establish Mindfulness
- 2024 Retreat Calendar at Deer Park Monastery2024 DEER PARK CALENDAR OF EVENTS – SAVE THE DATES! Check back on our website often for registration information as it becomes available. This calendar… Read more: 2024 Retreat Calendar at Deer Park Monastery
In addition to the events below, we may also have 1-2 weeks seasonal retreats available for registration.
A special afternoon and evening of practice in the Great Hidden Mountain with a Dharma talk with Sr. Đẳng Nghiêm in English. This event is In-Person and requires advance registration (at the […]